about 20,000 grains
that's one person fed
i no longer answer as many questions in a day, but i still visit the freerice site daily in order to make my regular contribution.
as per the freerice totals page, on october 2, a total of 139,912,420 grains of rice were accumulated. about a thousand of those were mine. :)
also, i came across these examples of freerice rice being distributed, on its frequently asked questions page:
- In Bangladesh, to feed 27,000 refugees from Myanmar for two weeks.
- In Cambodia, to provide take-home rations of four kilograms of rice for two months to 13,500 pregnant and nursing women.
- In Uganda, to feed 66,000 school children for a week.
- In Nepal, to feed over 108,000 Bhutanese refugees for three days.
- In Bhutan, to feed 41,000 children for 8 days.
- In Myanmar, to feed 750,000 cyclone affected people for 3 days.
here's a link to my first post on freerice: haiku poem: help end hunger
and here's yet another link to freerice: :)
thank you for visiting this haiku poem blog. :) no, really... it's a haiku poem blog. :D