to provider, the diff'rence
a hundred dollars
i'm not sure where i first learned of kiva, but i've seen it mentioned on at least two other blogs ... on adventure girl wanna be ... and paying it forward, kiva style. :)
here's how kiva works, as posted on its how kiva works page: :D
- Choose an Entrepreneur, Lend, Get Repaid
- Lenders like you browse profiles of entrepreneurs in need, and choose someone to lend to. When they lend, using PayPal or their credit cards, Kiva collects the funds and then passes them along to one of our microfinance partners worldwide.
- Kiva's microfinance partners distribute the loan funds to the selected entrepreneur. Often, our partners also provide training and other assistance to maximize the entrepreneur's chances of success.
- Over time, the entrepreneur repays their loan. Repayment and other updates are posted on Kiva and emailed to lenders who wish to receive them.
- When lenders get their money back, they can re-lend to someone else in need, donate their funds to Kiva (to cover operational expenses), or withdraw their funds.
i love the idea behind kiva. i hope to make a direct contribution eventually (the minimum amount is $25).
here's a link to the wikipedia article on kiva: wikipedia: kiva
here's a link to kiva's press page: kiva: press center
i've posted a kiva banner on my sidebar. it's actually rather cool because whenever this blog gets loaded by a visitor, the banner shows a random entrepreneur who's seeking a loan.
here's a link to kiva's home page: kiva
thank you for visiting this haiku poem blog. :)